5/5/11

Concerned about lymphoma or worse?


Concerned about lymphoma or worse?
This may be quite long, but please bear with me. I'm very worried.

I'm a 20 year old male, ~150lbs, 6'1". Starting around christmas I had abdominal pain. I had unspecific abdominal pain for a couple weeks before seeing my doctor. I got an abdominal CT scan, an ultrasound for my gallbladder, an upper endoscopy, and a colonoscopy. All of these tests came back normal. I also had blood work done and it was all normal except for slightly elevated bilirubin (1.2.)

It has now been about 5.5 weeks since the pain began and my symptoms have changed quite a bit. A week ago I developed some enlarged lymph nodes below my jaw and in my neck (4 I think). I have also been having abdominal pain/discomfort, but it is mostly at the bottom left or bottom right of my rib cage, and sometimes through my left and right sides. My stools are usually normal, although seem thinner than normal (before I started feeling sick).

I went to another doctor recently because I was feeling short of breath here and there lately, as well as random chest pain/tightness (doesn't happen very often, and when it does, doesn't last long. Hurts more with breathing deeply). He confirmed that I had swollen nodes and examined me. He ordered a chest x-ray and blood work again. He also said that he has seen viral infections that result in some abdominal pain, swelling of spleen/liver, and the swollen lymph nodes, and that it could last for 4-6 weeks, but usually doesn't. The chest x-ray came back normal, and the blood work was normal except for the following slight elevations:

Calcium: 10.3
Albumin: 5.2
A/G Ratio: 2.4
Total Bilirubin: 1.4
AST: 43

I'm very concerned that this may be lymphoma, or even myeloma or leukemia. I have had some night sweats in the last 2-3 weeks. I have also felt very tired/lethargic lately. If anyone has any ideas or experience with this, I'd appreciate it very much. I'm very scared right now. Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to be as detailed as possible. Thanks.

- a123e456
I would think there would be issues with the white blood cells in your CBC (which I'm sure they did) if it was lymphoma. But I may be wrong. Just keep bugging the doctor until they give you an answer. They know more than anyone on here.

Add your own answer in the comments! Leukemia Problems Remedies | FIGHT CANCER INFO
Leukemia — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, risk factors, treatment of this blood-related cancer.



Orignal From: Concerned about lymphoma or worse?

No comments:

Post a Comment