5/24/11

A feline leukemia positive cat got a feline leukemia booster shot, would that kill her?


A feline leukemia positive cat got a feline leukemia booster shot, would that kill her?
My vet forgot that my cat is already feline leukemia positive and ave her a feline leukemia booster shot. Would that kill her? She just seems abnormal today after the shot from yesterday.

- Ocimom
You'd better call your vet. The breeders of my Ocicats is totally against giving the FELV shots because they cause more problems.

My cats have been tested and cleared, but they will not receive the shots - none of my cats have gotten the FELV shots.

- J C
The FeLV vaccine causes many bad reactions in cats. It's probably especially hard on a FeLV positive cat. I'd certainly give the vet a call tomorrow - and make sure that both you and the vet take steps to make sure this never happens again. The FeLV vaccine is never necessary for an indoor cat in the first place, and if the vet routinely gives them to indoor cats, it's probably time to find a new vet.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments! Leukemia Problems Remedies | FIGHT CANCER INFO
Leukemia — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, risk factors, treatment of this blood-related cancer.

Do you find what you need? Look here!

Rest In Peace My LoverBoy - Feline Leukemia Virus flv Cat Kitten RIP







This is my Cat LoverBoy who had to be put to sleep due to complications of feline leukemia. The Big cat is his buddy Moe, from the fist day that I got loverboy (aka, Za, ZaZu, zazuzayzum) he was a bold and brave kitten he always thought he could beat big moe up, and every chance he would get he would playfully challenge Big Moe, and it would always make me laugh and I would grab the camera. Loverboy was given to me as a small kitten on Mothers day 2005, and I instantly feel in love with him the first day because he was fearless, funny, clumsy and brave and everytime I use to hold him in a comfortable way he would fall asleep and snore. Everyday I use to always hold him and kiss him up, and say to him "You're my only lover in my whole wide world." I never knew loverboy had feline leukemia until he got really really ill in early 10-06, he started having trouble breathing and his appetite changed dramatically (he was a cat that would want to eat all day if I let him and he would eat like there was no tomorrow and always beat me to the kitchen anytime he saw me headed towards it). When I took him to the vet 10-21-06 it was then that I learned he was flv+ feline leukemia virus and from that day he went downhill he stop eating didnt drink water, all he did was sleep by my foot or on my bed. When I took him to the pet hospital I found out he had fluid in his lungs and his breathing continued being labored, they drain the fluids but it returned and his breathing got worse. It was ...

Leukemia Problems Remedies | FIGHT CANCER INFO
Leukemia — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, risk factors, treatment of this blood-related cancer.

Orignal From: A feline leukemia positive cat got a feline leukemia booster shot, would that kill her?

No comments:

Post a Comment