5/21/11

Have any of you known of anyone who receives Remicade infusions to develop lymphoma?


Have any of you known of anyone who receives Remicade infusions to develop lymphoma?
Here's my situation and I would appreciate any informed advice or answers about this:

I suffer from a number of health conditions, but I get infusions of Remicade every six weeks for psoriatic arthritis.

Over 3 months ago I became very ill with pneumonia, probably as a result of the immune system taking a hit from the Remicade. Right before I became ill I noted a swollen neck gland and it didn't go away through three rounds of very strong antibiotics.

My family has a high incidence of leukemia and lymphoma history.

I've been scheduled for a CT scan of the lymph node, but I haven't had it done yet. Scared of the results I guess. I've been unusually tired and lack energy, when normally I'm a very energetic person. Yesterday I could tell I am getting sick again, but it doesn't seem to be respiratory. It's a low grade fever that comes and goes and my arthritis has flared up hugely, despite the usual good results I get from the Remicade.

Thoughts?

- bmac
Now don't get all upset, but look what I found (it's at the bottom of the box under "Hepatosplenic T-Cell Lymphomas"):

http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/safety/2006/May_PIs/Remicade_PI.pdf

Notice it does say Crohn's disease.....not patients with arthritis. No patient with arthritis has developed lymphoma because of the Remicade. None. It is scary though. But with your family history (if this IS lymphoma) I am betting it would have happened Remicade or not.

You need to call your doctor right away and get that scan IMMEDIATELY. Please.

Give your answer to this question below! Leukemia Problems Remedies | FIGHT CANCER INFO
Leukemia — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, risk factors, treatment of this blood-related cancer.



Orignal From: Have any of you known of anyone who receives Remicade infusions to develop lymphoma?

No comments:

Post a Comment