5/18/11

Large red blood cells?


Large red blood cells?
What additional tests should I have done if a second blood test confirms that my red blood cells are larger than normal?

I don't eat much meat but I do eat salmon and trout so I don't see how I can have a Vitamin B12 deficiency. I also take several different vitamins and supplements a day: multi-vitamin, vitamin C, garlic, fish oil, calcium, magnesium, and acidophilus.

I don't drink or smoke.

What other tests should a doctor do to figure out why my red blood cells are this way?

Could I just have larger "normal" cells than other people?

However, I have had the CBC done several times in the last 5 years and no doctor ever flagged this as an issue.

Right now, I am just having to get the CBC test repeated to see if it produces the same abnormal result.

Plus, I am currently out of the United States in an area with limited medical care. Would this condition be harmful if I can't get to the bottom of it before I get back in 3 months?

I read it can possibly relate to leukemia or thyroid disease or even cancer so I want to figure out what further tests are really necessary.

The only other CBC results I have had flagged as "high" before, but only slightly elevated, was my bilyrubin level.
What do you think? Answer below! Leukemia Problems Remedies | FIGHT CANCER INFO
Leukemia — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, risk factors, treatment of this blood-related cancer.



Orignal From: Large red blood cells?

No comments:

Post a Comment