5/6/11

Leukemia (AML), How do I get my friend in touch with other AML Patients?


Leukemia (AML), How do I get my friend in touch with other AML Patients?
HI,

My friend, who was recently given 22 months, is having trouble finding a local Leukemia Support Group. Since she does not have a computer, she would give anything to be connected via phone or letters with other Leukemia (AML) patients. She feels so alone in her experience. It would be especially great if she could find a support of Leukemia Sufferers that might have Sickle Cell Anemia like she does. The SIckle Cell Anemia poses all sorts of complications to the treatment causing her blood counts to be very inconsistent. If you have any info that may help her on how to connect one on one with other Leukemia survivors we'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for your time.

- midnightmoon62
I am aml as well, originally diagnosed over three years ago, currently in remission. I do not have the added complication of sickle cell, but I will look some stuff up. I will not post my personal info publically, but you can email me from my profile.

Also, let me know where she is... there are tons of programs that help people get computers. I could not imagine not having a computer. Its my life.

And beyond that, has she asked her docs or treating hospital or center if there are any local support groups? Those are the people that would know. Even just a general cancer support group that she could actually go to and meet people would be helpful. A psychologist can help as well. Trust me, I see mine weekly.

- missilverspoon
I am an apl form of aml patient as well. I would love to have her contact me. You can e-mail me with the information or just to contact me. Where does she live? I too had no support group to go to. I have to deal with these issues on a day to day basis. There is a possibility that mine is back. I go to the doctor on Thursday for checkup and then I will go to my regular leukemia clinic at Vanderbilt on the 12 of June or sooner.I sure do feel for her and will be praying for you and for her. Where has she been in the hospital. She needs to be seen at Vanderbilt or M.D. Anderson as these are 2 of the top cancer centers in America. I died 3 times and still went into remission.

- quijibored
ACOR runs non profit mailing lists for about 150 different cancers. The ACOR AML list currently has 472 members who either have AML or are caregivers for those with AML. You subscribe to join. The list is moderated to keep out spam, etc. plus you will be able to meet many other people going through the exact same treatments for the very same illness. The Archives can be very valuable if you want to search for past answers to questions. Here is the link to join.

http://listserv.acor.org/archives/aml.html

good luck

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments! Leukemia Problems Remedies | FIGHT CANCER INFO
Leukemia — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, risk factors, treatment of this blood-related cancer.

Do you find what you need? Look here!

Reminiscences Of Ed Bradley







"60 Minutes" correspondent Lesley Stahl reminisces about colleague Ed Bradley, who died Thursday of complications from leukemia. She says he had style, originality and heart, and was a role model.

Leukemia Problems Remedies | FIGHT CANCER INFO
Leukemia — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, risk factors, treatment of this blood-related cancer.

Orignal From: Leukemia (AML), How do I get my friend in touch with other AML Patients?

No comments:

Post a Comment