5/9/11

ALL (leukemia) HELP PLEASE?


ALL (leukemia) HELP PLEASE?
i just got diagnosed with all Leukemia. im only 15. i have to undergo very crucial treatments bc my parents ignored everything about me being sick and wouldnt take me to doctor til my granny took me. i dont' have a great support system at all from parents they don't care. they would have took to me doctor earlier if they did care. doc said lucky i got there when i did. i need help and support

- Maddie S
I'll pray for you. You're going to fight it and survive. You're strong. I can tell.

- midnightmoon62
First, dont dismiss their not taking you to the doc as not caring. That more than likely had nothing to do with it. Fact is, most leukemia symptoms are very vague, with the exception of bleeding. Chances are, your parents honestly thought there was nothing seriously wrong with you. And if they didnt have insurance, that may have been a factor. Maybe they couldnt afford to take you to the doc in their mind knowing they were going to be told nothing was wrong.

I say that, because thats what I did to myself when I got sick. Deep down I knew something was not right, but I was 21, barely supporting myself and had no insurance. I simply could not afford to go to the doctor. I finally did go when my symptoms got too large to ignore. I had abnormally heavy non menstrual bleeding for 3 weeks. I had always had mentrual issues and always been anemic, so I just chalked it up to that until a combination of other symptoms as well as being so anemic I couldnt hardly stay awake made it impossible to ignore.

When I was diagnosed, my docs told me that it would have only been a matter of days statistically by what my blood counts looked like had I not come in.

I am sure that they do care about you. Please give them a chance.

Beyond that.... Ask to be able to see a psychologist. They can help you greatly through this, as well as a support group for patients.

- someone that cares
Hi sweetheart. First thing you must know, is that God is able to do all things, include heal your body. Most parents, never imagine their kids will get cancer, so, even if their child has an ache or pain, they usually assume it is something minor. Don't hold on to any anger against your parents, because, you don't need any negative thoughts or negative surrounding during your treatment. Please stay strong and positive through your challenges, and you will make it through just fine.

- angryflower
Hello sweety, first of all I would like to ask you not to be scared. My son is a leukemia survivor. He was diagnosed with leukemia when he was 4, and he had to go through a very tough chemo for two years. Right now he is almost 8 years old and doing wonderfully. He has been two years off of chemo already, and his prognosis is excellent. I know that you will have to endure a few difficult years in the near future, but believe me, it does get better. The worst phase will be at the beginning, when they have to put you in remission. That is going to be a very intense chemo, and you will probably feel very sick. Just hang on in there okay? Keep your spirit high because it will get better. After achieving remission you will only be getting chemo once every 3 or 4 weeks for a 2 or 3 years. ONce you get to that stage you will start recovering, but you will still get sick when you go back for chemo. I dont know what kind of support from your parents you will have, but know that you will survive. Leukemia in young people has an excellent prognosis, and especially in girls. It's going to be tough, but there is a huge light at the end of the tunnel. Just get closer to God, and ask him for help and strength every time you get scared. Thats what I did when my son was dealing with all that, and he helped us. He will help you too. I am sure he has plans for you and somehow he needs you to go through this so you can become the person you are intended to be. I will pray for you every night. God bless you. In a few years you will be here like I am, trying to encourage somebody else who is just starting to deal with this, and you will be able to tell that you are the living proof that everything is going to be okay.

What do you think? Answer below! Leukemia Problems Remedies | FIGHT CANCER INFO
Leukemia — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, risk factors, treatment of this blood-related cancer.



Orignal From: ALL (leukemia) HELP PLEASE?

No comments:

Post a Comment