5/20/11

How many of you are going to help make this child's dream come true?


How many of you are going to help make this child's dream come true?
"Shane Bernier is a courageous seven-year-old boy from Lancaster, Ontario who was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia when he was only five. On June 6th, 2006 Shane and his family received some unfortunate news: Shane experienced a relapse after completing 108 of 130 weeks of treatment.

However, despite the bad news, Shane has managed to keep a positive outlook on his situation and has made a heart-warming wish... He hasn't asked for money or toys or anything of the sort. Instead, his birthday is on May 30th and he would like to break the world record for the most birthday cards ever received. His goal is 350 million cards. With every card, Shane's courage grows. Something as simple as sending a birthday card could be enough to help Shane find peace and joy in his current circumstances."


http://www.shaneswish.com
The current world record is over 350 million cards...this record was set
over a 17 year period.

There are a few gentlemen from CFB Petawawa that are campaigning to have a new category started which would be the most cards received over the course of a year.

Shane's personal goal right now is to reach 1 million for his birthday, May 30th.

- dk
Thanks for letting me know. I'll spread the word to my friends.

- laura
I will totally get on board with this. I am going to look at his web site and email and make up flyers to go out to everyone everywhere. I work at a Children's Hospital here in Indianapolis and I have a cousin that has cancer and if he makes it to June, he will be 17 and will have beat cancer for about 15 years now!!!! So I want to help make this kids wish come true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Felix H
This is actually true.... not an urban legend like most of the stories over the years have shown.

I have Plasmablastic Lymphoma (PBL) and yes also its terminal... I find it very sad that when a child has a horrific illness people seem to care more than if an adult has it.


No don't get me wrong on this but he is one child out of millions that have and suffer serious health problems.

Though I feel what thischild is going through, what makes him more worthy than others?

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/medical/bernier.asp

Yes this boy is not an urban legend but is ill and he wants your cards to say hello, hi, and keep him active... good on him for this.

Its sad that their have been so many claim otherwise over the years for the same thing who have just lied. like this example:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/medical/shergold.asp

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/children/nick.asp

http://www.snopes.com/glurge/room.asp

Their are hundreds of examples of lies, and the few true are hidden amongst them. Just be wary of truth and email spam.

- Mandy R
awwww I'm going to send one and have my kids send him one too.. I also sent out an email to get the word out.. I can't believe I haven't heard about this one yet.

What do you think? Answer below! Leukemia Problems Remedies | FIGHT CANCER INFO
Leukemia — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, risk factors, treatment of this blood-related cancer.



Orignal From: How many of you are going to help make this child's dream come true?

No comments:

Post a Comment