5/12/11

My dog has leukemia, is there anything i can still do? or should i give up.?


My dog has leukemia, is there anything i can still do? or should i give up.?
It has been diagnosed with 2 types of it. 1 of them could be treated with kemo and the second one is inconclusive ( the vet did a bone marrow test and could not get enough info)
My question is there anything i could give her that would help? should i just treat her the best i can until she dies? (shes only 4.)
Thank you, sorry for any spelling mistakes im only 15.

- Whiskers
A lot of the time chemo is really expensive and can cause more problems, often just prolonging the end.
I've always had in mind that if one of my pets got cancer I'd keep them as comfortable as possible, probably with just love and painkillers if they were needed, until it was too much, or they couldn't live happily at all and then put them to sleep.

I wouldn't want to prolong their suffering just to have the treatment fail.

I'm so sorry about your dog

- Jayse Ö Think before you breed
I am sorry about your dog. You seem to have done the necessary testing to get a diagnosis. I suggest you make an appointment to sit and discuss this with your vet. If you choose not to have chemo, then just enjoy the dog while her as long as she is ok, and be prepared to let her go when her quality of life is not so good.
Again, feel very sorry for you to have this in such a young dog.
#

- Rugratzzzzzzzzzzz
I am so sorry I had a Rottie that had it. You need to be in close contact with your vet. I hope you have an honest one and will tell you as it is. my thinking is i would try everything, to help her, but as soon as the dog starts to suffer then its time to call it a day, I would assume she is a good friend to you, and you owe her that, many people keep their pets alive, Why because its for selfish reasons, to end the suffering is one of the most unselfish acts you can do.

I am not a vet, but my vet suggested a supplement of Iron, It helped for a while.

Again its so sad when it happens to a young dog.

Good luck

RR

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments! Leukemia Problems Remedies | FIGHT CANCER INFO
Leukemia — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, risk factors, treatment of this blood-related cancer.

Do you find what you need? Look here!

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at Comix Part 2/4







On December 8th, 2009, Triumph the insult Comic Dog headlined a benefit for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, called "Tell Your Friends! We'll Kick Cancer's Butt" at Comix Comedy Club in Manhattan. Also on the bill were Eddie Brill, Todd Barry, Caroline Rhea, Jim Gaffigan, A Brief View of the Hudson, Kristen Schaal, and John Oliver. It was hosted by Liam McEneaney. In this video, Triumph has a visit with Ernie from Sesame Street. The LLS is 50 year-old organization dedicated to cancer research and counseling for those affected by Leukemia and Lymphoma. You can donate to the LLS by clicking here: www.leukemia-lymphoma.org
Video Rating: 4 / 5

Leukemia Problems Remedies | FIGHT CANCER INFO
Leukemia — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, risk factors, treatment of this blood-related cancer.

Orignal From: My dog has leukemia, is there anything i can still do? or should i give up.?

No comments:

Post a Comment