5/13/11

Please, I'm desperate for well informed opinions! Sick, scared, and almost hopeless?


Please, I'm desperate for well informed opinions! Sick, scared, and almost hopeless?
I'm a 26 year old woman who was diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia a little over 3 weeks ago. The diagnosis was made in the ER and based on these results from my complete blood count test:

RBC 3.43
HGB 8.7
HCT 27.9
Anyway, I was given a script for iron pills and told by the ER doc to follow up with my doctor in about a month to check on the levels. But I'm a little worried about something else. I think I might have something more serious like leukemia or maybe another type of bone marrow problem. (myelodysplastic syndrome) The reason I think this is because my platelets and WBC count was normal, I have quite a few symptoms suggesting possible leukemia (tiny red spots under my skin which are known as petechiae..I counted 16 alone on my legs, weakness,fatigue, gum swelling etc) Anyway I'm really worried about this and I don't have a primary care doctor so I don't know what to do. I'm worried it might take too long to get set up with a new doc and then actually get in for an appointment. I was thinking about maybe trying an urgent care clinic or something. I feel sick very often, this morning I was so dizzy that I felt like passing out! What is the best thing I can do?
Oh, I also noticed on my CBC that my LYMPH % was 41 which I think is a little high. I'm not sure if that's at all related to any of my problems but I wanted to add it just in case.

- srah srah
I recommend you go to another doctor for a second opinion.

- Bright and Blonde
u need a doctor! if u r worried that this is lukemia then dont wait! the longer u wait the worse it will get! u cant ignore this! now go get to the doctors now! now ! now!

I hope everything will be ok! god bless

What do you think? Answer below! Leukemia Problems Remedies | FIGHT CANCER INFO
Leukemia — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, risk factors, treatment of this blood-related cancer.

Do you find what you need? Look here!

Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS) -Mayo Clinic







Ruben Mesa, MD, a hematologist at the Mayo Clinic in Arizona, gives an overview of Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS), discussing what this condition entails from diagnosis to treatment options.
Video Rating: 5 / 5

Leukemia Problems Remedies | FIGHT CANCER INFO
Leukemia — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, risk factors, treatment of this blood-related cancer.

Orignal From: Please, I'm desperate for well informed opinions! Sick, scared, and almost hopeless?

No comments:

Post a Comment