5/14/11

question about petechiae?


question about petechiae?
I am a 23 year old male with very fair skin. and I see a red spot on my arm and petechiae are red spots. I have been worried about this for a long time now, but because I have panic attacks all the time, my family doesnt believe me and brushes it off as something minor. I know that petechiae can be signs of a blood infection, viral infection, problems with your platelets and platelet count, leukemia, and a host of various other very serious diseases and conditions. I know someones going to say well go to the doctor, the problem is I have no insurance, and I am flat broke right now so I cant go. I worry myself sick over spots like that.

- Dr. Stat
Brandon, If all you see is "A" red spot on your arm; as you stated, "... and I see a red spot on my arm and petechiae are red spots.", then the chances are what you are seeing are not petechiae. Most commonly petechiae occur in clusters----little pin prick size clusters---and since, other than your panic attacks, you have not mentioned any other symptoms suggesting a hematological problem. People with leukemia or idiopathic thrombocytopenia purpura or hemochromotosis, or any number of other blood-related diseases I could mention don't contact the doctor because of a red spot they happen to see on their arm--or anywhere else for that matter; they have other more troublesome symptoms about which to be concerned. When your financial situation improves, then to put your mind at rest and make an appointment with a doctor, and during a routine CBC your blood platelets will assessed.

I hope this helps you some.

What do you think? Answer below! Leukemia Problems Remedies | FIGHT CANCER INFO
Leukemia — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, risk factors, treatment of this blood-related cancer.



Orignal From: question about petechiae?

No comments:

Post a Comment