5/13/11

What is wrong with me?


What is wrong with me?
I am fourteen years old. I am a type one diabetic. My sugar levels are great, ever since I got the insulin pump. But lately around the couple of months, I have been experiencing very extreme tiredness, causing me to be moody and cranky. I am a athletic person so it is ruining my lifestyle, by sitting around or lying in bed all the time.

I have puffiness around the eyes, like its red but my eyes are itchy, I'm really not sure if it is too do with hay fever or not. Also on the lower part of my neck, its a bit sore. Also my bones and muscles hurt really bad. I was scared about leukemia but I have no bruises what so ever. My skin is dry, especially around the eyes. My joints hurt.

But then while I was on the net, looking for possibilities, I came across something about the thyroid gland, I know diabetics like myself, have a higher risk of having problems with it.
I can't be too sure, I also thought I could be anemic, because I hate most meat foods and don't eat a lot of fruit. So I am taking iron pills, I started yesterday, but I just feel so tired, I could collapse on the floor and pass out.

Please I am confused, I know I will have to go to a doctor, I am getting blood tests soon, to test for kidney disease, thyroid and celiacs disease. Also since I'm fourteen will my symptoms relate to the childrens ones or the adults ones. Because they relate more to the adult ones.

Yeah, once again I know you can't diagnose me but please give me a opinion, thanks :)

- miss H
I think you are doing the right thing by going to the doctor. Your symptoms aren't very specific so it is impossible to diagnose you. It could be anaemia. It will take a while longer for your iron levels to recover.

- Mary
Could also be improperly controlled sugar or even an autoimmune disease. Run, don't walk, to the doctor.

Add your own answer in the comments! Leukemia Problems Remedies | FIGHT CANCER INFO
Leukemia — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, risk factors, treatment of this blood-related cancer.



Orignal From: What is wrong with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment