5/10/11

What organs can leukemia patients donate?


What organs can leukemia patients donate?
I need to know this for a script I'm writing. I know that kidneys and corneas aren't affected by some article but what others aren't affected, if anyone knows? Thanks.
I didn't ask for advertising.

- Spreedog
Hmmm. Are you sure about kidneys being OK?
The cornea is avascular, so that should be fine.
The kidneys are highly vascular and would hold malignant leukemia cells at death.
The likelihood is that the donor leukemic clone would not grow in the transplant recipient, but I'm not sure that would be enough safeguard in the medical legal climate of the United States - if it is the USA you are asking about.
I do not have certain data.
Maybe someone else will answers who knows the laws on this.

- Tarkarri
In Australia the only organs that can be donated after a cancer diagnosis (any cancer) is the cornea.

Add your own answer in the comments! Leukemia Problems Remedies | FIGHT CANCER INFO
Leukemia — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, risk factors, treatment of this blood-related cancer.



Orignal From: What organs can leukemia patients donate?

No comments:

Post a Comment